We are thrilled that you are shopping at You Name It Baby! It’s no secret that we take your privacy seriously, and for legal reasons we are listing it all below. So grab a coffee and read on…
Who We Are.
While you visit our site, we monitor and collect information to help us improve our website experience, as well as understand browsing and purchasing tendencies of our customers/potential customers. What data we collect and use will depend on what you are doing when using our website, such as whether you are browsing or purchasing, if you are new to us or a registered customer.
Our primary goal in obtaining any information is to provide you with a smooth, customized shopping experience, as quickly and easily as possible. We’re always looking for ways to get better (we’re perfectionists that way), therefore we may also use it to improve your future shopping experience, including:
- Enhancing your online shopping experience — We may use your information to recognize you and welcome you when you visit this site (like Norm! at Cheers).
- We use Email links located on the “contact us” page and other areas throughout the site to allow you to contact us directly with any questions or comments you may have. We read every message sent in (yes mom, got your message too) and try to reply promptly to every single one. This information is used to respond directly to your questions or comments. We may also file your comments to improve the site and services. We promise that we will not sell or abuse our user’s information. From time to time we may contact our customers with information and updates about You Name It Baby or related services from You Name It Baby.
While you visit our site, we may collect, use, store and track:
- Products you’ve viewed: we’ll use this to, for example, show you similar products you may like at checkout.
- Location, IP address and browser type: we’ll use this for purposes like estimating taxes and shipping
- Shipping address: we’ll ask you to enter this so we can estimate shipping before you place an order, and send you the order!
When you purchase from us, we’ll ask you to provide information including your name, billing address, shipping address, email address, phone number, credit card/payment details and optional account information like username and password. We’ll use this information for purposes, such as, to:
- Send you information about your account and order
- Respond to your requests, including refunds and complaints
- Avoid gift duplications by collecting and saving first and last names of the minor(s) you are purchasing for – we NEVER sell or distribute this information!
- Process payments and prevent fraud
- Set up your account for our store
- Comply with any legal obligations we have, such as calculating taxes
- Improve our store offerings
- Send you marketing messages, if you choose to receive them
Cookies allows us to get details from the devices you use to access our website. It gives us insight as to what you are looking at on our website, from where and when you might have been browsing. Cookies helps us to learn what items you have added to your cart, when you abandoned your cart (why oh why did you do that?!), or when you checked out (yay!). Cookies also help us to collect data when you fill out a form or contact us through our website.
We also collect aggregated data, such as demographic data for statistical analysis and performance of our website. Aggregated data does not directly reveal your identity, but this collected data helps us to understand the demographics of those using our website.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment.
If you create an account, we will store your name, address, email and phone number, which will be used to populate the checkout for future orders. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
We generally store information about you for as long as we need the information for the purposes for which we collect and use it, and we are not legally required to continue to keep it. For example, we will store order information for XXX years for tax and accounting purposes. This includes your name, email address and billing and shipping addresses.
We will also store comments or reviews, if you choose to leave them.
Who We Share Your Data With.
If you request a password reset, your IP address will be included in the reset email.
We may share your personal information with third parties that help us use your personal information for the purposes of improving user experiences on our website. We share your information with third parties such as delivery companies, payment processors, and companies that help us run our website.
We may receive technical, usage and marketing data about you from third parties, generally in the form of aggregated data. For example, we use Google Analytics to help us understand user behaviour on our website, help us with advertising to find new customers and learn about user search behaviours.
We may match the Personal Information we hold with the information of third parties such as a website or social media platform, including Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter, to better serve you with advertising we think may be of interest to you, or to prevent you from seeing our advertisements too often. We may also share personal information to serve advertising to persons we or our suppliers think may be similar to you “Look Alike Models”. To opt-out of these practices, you may alter your settings on the social media platforms you use. If you withdraw your consent for us to send you email, your email address will no longer be used for custom audiences. Google Analytics and the Facebook Pixel are used on our website. Please visit these third-party sites to review their privacy policies and manage their cookies, and for information on how to opt-out of some of these practices:
Who On Our Team Has Access.
Our team members have access to your information to help fulfill orders, process refunds and support you. Members of our team have access to the information you provide us. For example, both Administrators and Shop Managers can access:
- Order information like what was purchased, when it was purchased and where it should be sent, and
- Customer information like your name, email address, and billing and shipping information.
What Rights You Have Over Your Data.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. It you don’t want to hear from us at all – that’s okay too – sniff sniff. You have the option to opt out. At any time you may contact us by phone or email to withdraw your consent for marketing purposes. You can also unsubscribe in the unsubscribe tools provided in email messages.
If you have any questions at all or would like to request the deletion of personal information of your own or personal information regarding your minor child, or to make a complaint, please speak to our Privacy Officer by writing to [email protected]